Today = validation testing which = no errors but more warnings than the eyes could see. Turns out our about page slider gallery code contained ALOT of junk and bad coding. Luckily our awesome coder Chris was able to decipher the jargon and clean it up. Yay! So after the days work we were able to: show our external CSS style sheet, confirm we had function links, validate our site and check resolutions across browsers. After our check we worked on rescaling our site for optimized viewing across browsers. This successful test was followed by a successful embedding of google maps (thanks to Josh).
After class our group stopped by Don's to show him the almost finished site, which he was extremely pleased with. During our visit he was kind enough to stencil the 404 error tattoo on Chris for a photo shoot. Awesome!
For this next week our to do list includes:
- adding captions to the fine art gallery
- refining client request for the home page (no word bubble)
- creating the 404 page
- adding the clients written bio to the about page
- creating a fav icon
- creating meta tags
I am excited with how far the site has come, in general and since our first websites.
- Jenessa


Again, awesome 404 idea! Sounds like you're almost finished, we also have to add meta tags and check our site at different resolutions and across multiple browsers. It's awesome that your client seems really into your site, that's great! Ours was super excited at first, but I think he was just humoring us and he scares me a little now...
ReplyDeletei freeking love your 404 page idea ; ) way cooler than just having type or using photoshop, i realy like the way it coming together
ReplyDeleteAhh this was an awesome idea. I wish we had a clever idea for our 404 page. We also have to do a fav icon. Perhaps we will have a dish with no food in it !
ReplyDeleteNIiiiiiiice, looks like you guys really have gone far. Yeah me n Jimmy are making a fav icon too, which btw you will have to show us how to, cuz I forgot...
ReplyDeleteI think this 404 page is a super clever idea and I love it. Like Christie said, it's a lot cooler than just text on the page. And I think it's pretty awesome that Don did that for you guys.
ReplyDeleteYay, Great idea... Was that Chris's back?
ReplyDeleteDamn good. I LOVE that 404 image. ALOT.
ReplyDelete