Sunday, November 7, 2010

Flashing lights and Expectations



















    I wanted to show an example of the digital sketches our group has been working on. In my previous post, I discussed our theme of using the Evil Don logo as inspiration for the site design and navigation layout. We had presented our client and Phil with two approaches to this idea. In these intial sketches, we focused on creating one with a vectored polished look and the second with a more realistic feel, utilizing neon signage. As of our last weekly meeting with the client, it was decided that while aspects of both were liked, the more realistic approach was chosen. Chris and myself have been working on vectoring his logo and applying both looks to the final navigation bar (this should be revealed during our Tuesday site proposal).
   Along with a polished logo, our proposal on Tuesday, will include the following:
1. An introduction to our design team
2. An overview of the assignment and how we chose a client
3. A look at competition in the area
4. Our goal and message for the site creation
5. A look at the Evil Don branding process
6.  A page overview
7. An asset list for the site (including pages and java scripts)
8.  Discussion on site structure
9.  Open time for questions and comments.
   I am looking forward to presenting our client to the class. I feel our group was extremely lucky in finding such a great. His style and inspirations are inspiring us in creating  a unique website. Until Tuesday... _Jen

4 comments:

  1. Way to go, I really do like the realistic look, especially the light effect at the bottom of the page... I'm wondering if you can extend the two vertical lines to connect with the illumination light at the bottom of the page, so it looks more like the light reflection from pole (navigation) signs :-)

    Love it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The site layout is looking really nice. I like how you have added the neon glow to the navigation bar. It gives it some life versus just having the flat vectored shapes.

    One things that I would be careful of is the legibility of the white text on the black background. It can be hard on the eyes to read especially if there is going to be that much content. Just make sure that the text is more if an off white rather than pure white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks awesome. the new logo with the neon lights as the buttons is a great idea. i also like the template being used. on the first picture i was wondering if the top was going to have anything because theres a lot of white space there

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gotta say, I am LOVING that realistic look. It is clean, slick, and downright beautiful. I really fits his retro aesthetic. I can't wait to see this presented. Will the signs glow when you hover over them?

    ReplyDelete