Monday, September 20, 2010

A more relevant post...

   Hello, I am Jenessa, and we will call the last post useless. In this post, I would like to set forth the purpose of creating this blog, by explaining a class project and its objectives.  As a current Senior, in the Graphic Design program at USF, we were assigned the objective of creating a website that would act as a portfolio site for another student in our Design for the Internet course. This blog will serve as a resource as well as provide a funny look back (once this class is done and we are all awesome web designers!).
   For my first purposeful post, I would like to share the homepage I have been working on for my "client" Chris. My goal is to create a site that is both in the style of the designer and one that showcases his work. I am utilizing a black background with contrasting white text while using a rainbow pattern of dots to act as a header and navigation device. While the home page will feature the full color spectrum, a focus on an individual color will highlight where the user is within the site. 
   I look forward to the feedback. Until next time... Jenessa

3 comments:

  1. Jenessa,

    After spending al ot of time with chris I can see where chris would be very happy with this site. However, him being Pablo Picasso, you know he will take what you do and improve on it. However, this is a solid start. I like the rainbow one... because he loves rainbows. It would be awesome if you could use some form of java script to make the type act like his type poster to an extent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool layout! I really like the idea of using the colors to indicate what page the user is on. I think the navigation system you have is pretty solid. The typefaces are nice and futuristic, which I think fits Chris well. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it. Obviously since it's mine. Also, although I don't like Picasso's stuff too much.. he was a fucking pimp. Using the chinese molasses to get the skanks. PIMP.

    ReplyDelete